-WELCOME-

Welcome to 歌詞の時!(Kashi no Toki-Lyrics Time!)

This is a blog dedicated to my translations of Japanese songs. Most of these lyrics will be GACKT lyrics, but there will be some other groups/singers as well. Enjoy!

*DISCLAIMER* My translations are 100% original, so if you feel one of your own translations was copied, it is just a coincidence of like-minded people!

If anyone notices any typos, please notify me so I can fix them as soon as possible. I am human after all. Thanks in advance!

**PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST THESE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION AND CREDIT**

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ NEW TRANSLATIONS AND BLOG NEWS

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Den lille Havfrue* by 9GOATS BLACK OUT

愛情だって救えた 蜩の声高いのにもう寒くて重い
Aijou datte sukueta higurashi no kowadakai no ni mou samukute omoi
Even able to save love, the loud voices of the evening cicadas are already cold and burdened.
気づかないまま開かれた唇から出す音には目を伏せ
Kidzukanai mama hirakareta kuchibiru kara dasu oto ni wa me wo fuse
I cast down my eyes towards the sound that came from your open lips unknowingly.
泣いているような声と 無感情に続く言葉の後
Naiteiru you na koe to mukanjou ni tsudzuku kotoba no ato
With a voice that seems like its crying, the [remainder] of our words continue towards indifference.

あまりに弱々しい笑い顔 怖い程綺麗
Amari ni yowayowashii waraigao kowai hodo kirei
Your overly frail smiling face is so beautiful it’s terrifying.
何故笑った? 月を照らすために沈む太陽
Naze waratta? tsuki wo terasu tame ni shizumu taiyou
Why did you smile? The sun sinks so that the moon will shine.

そうやっていつだってあなたが居て笑って
Sou yatte itsudatte anata ga ite waratte
You were always there, smiling in that way.
消えてしまいそうな日常に身を砕く
Kieteshimai sou na (hi) ni mi wo kudaku
I break myself every day that seems like it will vanish.
星の夜に絵を描いても照らすべきあなた失って
Hoshi no yoru ni e wo egaite mo terasubeki anata ushinatte
Even if I paint a picture in the starry night, I lose you [in it] though you should shine.
どうやったって暗い夜空
Dou yattatte kurai yozora
No matter what I do, [it’s still only] a dark night sky.

涙声そっと途切れた 広過ぎる横は居心地が悪くて
Namidagoe sotto togireta hirosugiru yoko wa igokochi ga warukute
Your tearful voice gently ceased. The overly vast space at my side is uncomfortable.
不意に言葉をつくのは思い出ばかり
Fui ni kotoba wo tsuku no wa omoide bakari
The words that suddenly come out are nothing but memories. 
ショウケース並べた溜息が 薄く降り積もり
Shoukeesu narabeta tameiki ga usuku furitsumori
Our sighs that we have lined up in a showcase faintly fall and pile up,
繭のように目の前を隠す
Mayu no you ni me no mae wo kakusu
and like a cocoon, I conceal my eyes.

漂う 萎れた波間に浮かび 嘆き声咲いた
Tadayou shioreta namima ni ukabi nagekigoe saita
Drifting aimlessly, floating on the dying waves, a grieving voice bloomed.
入れ替わって 忘れられる方がどれ程いいか
Irekawatte wasurerareru hou ga dore hodo ii ka
“If we changed places, how much better would it be if I was the one who could forget?”

そうやっていつだってあなたが居て笑って
Sou yatte itsudatte anata ga ite waratte
You were always there, smiling in that way.
壊れてしまうその日を思い出す
Kowareteshimau sono hi wo omoidasu
I remember that day that seemed it would break.
星の海に手を出しても
Hoshi no umi ni te wo dashite mo
Even if I [hold out] my hand to an ocean of stars,
漕ぎ出せる櫂さえ失って ここから動けないよ
Kogidaseru kai sae ushinatte koko kara ugokenai yo
I’ve lost even my oars to begin rowing, so I’m unable to move from here!

星の夜に消えた人 星の海に浮かぶ人
Hoshi no yoru ni kieta hito hoshi no umi ni ukabu hito
The person who disappeared in the night sky, the person who floats on an ocean of stars
遠い空に色をつけ その手を引くように
Tooi sora ni iro wo tsuke sono te wo hiku you ni
As if to wash these hands of everything, I put color into the far sky.
暗い方に呼ぶ声が あなたを探すその声で
Kurai hou ni ukabu koe ga anata wo sagasu sono koe de
The voice that floats in the dark, with the voice that searches for you,
また開いた 思い出させる夜のドア
Mata hiraita omoide saseru yoru no doa
again opens the door of night that makes me remember.

[ ]=added for clarity
italics= Romanized lyrics
(italics)= sung differently from printed lyrics


*”Den lille Havfrue” is Danish for “The Little Mermaid”