-WELCOME-

Welcome to 歌詞の時!(Kashi no Toki-Lyrics Time!)

This is a blog dedicated to my translations of Japanese songs. Most of these lyrics will be GACKT lyrics, but there will be some other groups/singers as well. Enjoy!

*DISCLAIMER* My translations are 100% original, so if you feel one of your own translations was copied, it is just a coincidence of like-minded people!

If anyone notices any typos, please notify me so I can fix them as soon as possible. I am human after all. Thanks in advance!

**PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST THESE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION AND CREDIT**

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ NEW TRANSLATIONS AND BLOG NEWS

Monday, July 1, 2013

Episode.0 by GACKT

そう俺は夢を掴む者 野望のため刀を赤く染める
Sou ore wa yume wo tsukamu mono yabou no tame katana wo akaku someru
Yes, I am the one who seizes dreams.  I dyed my sword red for [my] ambitions.
戦国の世が世であるから何を犠牲にしても天下を取る
Sengoku no yo ga yo de aru kara nani wo gisei ni shite mo tenka wo toru
Because this is a world of warring states, I will take the whole country no matter what I need to sacrifice.

何もかも省みずに故郷の母にも手紙書けず
Nani mo kamo kaerimizu ni kokyou no haha ni mo tegami kakezu
Without looking back at anything, without writing letters to my mother in my hometown,
己の未熟さを知り気付けば体は血に染まった
Onore no mijakusa wo shirikidzukeba karada wa chi ni somatta
I realized my own immaturity, and colored my body with blood.

残酷な戦の痕 俺たちは敗れた人
Zankoku na ikusa no ato oretachi wa yabureta hito
The remains of a cruel battle, we are the defeated ones.
敗者には救いさえもなく 無情に雨は降り注ぐ
Haisha ni wa sukui sae mo naku mujou ni ame wa furisosogu
There is not even salvation for the vanquished [for the] heartless rain pours down incessantly.
墓標に夢は露と散る
Bohyou ni yume wa tsuyu to chiru
[Our] dreams scatter like dew on our gravestones.

遠く向こうから聴こえてくる
Tooku mukou kara kikoetekuru
I can hear it from the distant beyond,
優しく悲しい旋律
Yasashiku kanashii senritsu
a gentle, sad melody.

少女は何処かで歌ってるようだ
Shoujo wa doko ka de utatteru you da
It’s as if a maiden is singing somewhere.
透き通った声が響きわたる
Sukitootta koe ga hibikiwataru
A crystal-clear voice resounds.

ふと涙零れ落ちた
Futo namida koboreochita
Suddenly, my tears welled up and fell.
故郷が思い浮かんだ
Furusato ga omoiukanda
Memories of my hometown came back to me.
歌声が俺に気付かせた
Utagoe ga ore ni kidzukaseta
That singing voice made me realize that
平穏が一番大切だと
Heion ga ichiban taisetsu da to
tranquility is the most important thing.

もし生まれかわれるなら
Moshi umarekawareru nara
If I were to be reborn,
この声の少女のように
Kono koe no shoujo no you ni
like the voice of [that] maiden,
歌声で人を救えるような
Utagoe de hito wo sukueru you na
 I want an existence where
存在になりたいと思うんだ
Sonzai ni narittai to omounda
I can save people with my song.

今の俺がそうであるように
Ima no ore ga sou de aru you ni
If I could take away someone’s burdens
誰かの重荷を外せたなら
Dare ka no omoni wo hazuseta nara
as mine are taken now…
Aaaa
Ah!

[ ]=added for clarity
Italics=Romanized lyrics