-WELCOME-

Welcome to 歌詞の時!(Kashi no Toki-Lyrics Time!)

This is a blog dedicated to my translations of Japanese songs. Most of these lyrics will be GACKT lyrics, but there will be some other groups/singers as well. Enjoy!

*DISCLAIMER* My translations are 100% original, so if you feel one of your own translations was copied, it is just a coincidence of like-minded people!

If anyone notices any typos, please notify me so I can fix them as soon as possible. I am human after all. Thanks in advance!

**PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST THESE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION AND CREDIT**

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ NEW TRANSLATIONS AND BLOG NEWS

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Future by GACKT

暗闇を強く照らす蒼い月
Kurayami wo tsuyoku terasu aoi tsuki
The [pale blue] moon [brightly] illuminates the darkness.
水面のざわめきは風の歌
Suimen no zawameki wa kaze no uta
The stir of the water’s surface is the wind’s song.
消せはしない過ちを繰り返す私達の
Kese wa shinai ayamachi wo kurikaesu watashitachi no
Repeating the mistakes that we can’t erase, we
足跡を見つめていた
Ashiato wo mitsumeteita
gazed at our footprints.

伸ばした指先に触れるアナタの涙が
Nobashita yubisaki ni fureru anata no namida ga
Your tears that touch my stretched out fingertips
いつかは訪れる未来を紅く染めてゆく
Itsuka wa otozureru (asu) wo akaku someteyuku
continue to dye red the [future] that will someday come.
「ささやかな一時が長く続きますように…」と
[Sasayaka na hitotoki ga nagaku tsudzukimasu you ni…] to
[As] I prayed to the stars, “Let this meager moment continue [forever]…”
星に祈る私を壊れるほど抱きしめた
Hoshi ni inoru watashi wo kowareru hodo dakishimeta
you held me [so] tightly that I could break.

どれだけの哀しみを背負っても
Dore dake no kanashimi wo seotte mo
No matter how much sadness I must bear,
いつの日か、報われる日が来るから
Itsu no hi ka, mukuwareru hi ga kuru kara
someday, a day will come where I will be recompensed, so

止まらない歯車に二人はただ引きずられ
Tomaranai haguruma ni futari wa tada hikizurare
We’re just dragged along by the [endlessly turning] gears.
気まぐれに過ぎてゆく時の流れは早すぎて
Kimagure ni sugiteyuku toki no nagare wa hayasugite
Continuing to pass on a whim, the flow of time is too fast.
「もう戻れないのなら、アナタの手で殺して…」と
[Mou modorenai no nara, anata no te de koroshite…] to
As I screamed into the night, “If can’t return again, kill me with your own hands…”
夜に叫ぶ私の瞳をただ見つめてた
Yoru ni sakebu watshi no hitomi wo tada mitsumeteta
[you] just gazed into my eyes.

鮮やかに散りながら別れの歌、捧げよう
Azayaka ni chirinagara wakare no uta, sasageyou
I’ll offer up a song of parting as [my body] is brilliantly scattered.
眠りから覚めるときアナタの腕で目覚めたい
Nemuri kara sameru toki anata no ude de mezametai
When I awake from sleep, I want to awake in your arms.
「もう一度アナタに会えますように…」と
[Mou ichido anata ni (anata ni) aemasu you ni…] to
As I prayed to the stars, “Let me be able to meet you once more…”
星に祈る私を蒼い月は見つめてた
Hoshi ni inoru watashi wo aoi tsuki wa mitsumeteta
the [pale blue] moon gazed at me.

抱きしめて…
Dakishimete…
Hold me…
壊れるまで抱きしめて…
Kowareru hodo dakishimete…
Hold me so tightly that I could break…