-WELCOME-

Welcome to 歌詞の時!(Kashi no Toki-Lyrics Time!)

This is a blog dedicated to my translations of Japanese songs. Most of these lyrics will be GACKT lyrics, but there will be some other groups/singers as well. Enjoy!

*DISCLAIMER* My translations are 100% original, so if you feel one of your own translations was copied, it is just a coincidence of like-minded people!

If anyone notices any typos, please notify me so I can fix them as soon as possible. I am human after all. Thanks in advance!

**PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST THESE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION AND CREDIT**

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ NEW TRANSLATIONS AND BLOG NEWS

Sunday, February 13, 2011

風の鳥 (Kaze no tori- Birds of the Wind) by Matenrou Opera (摩天楼オペラ)

消えそうな優しさに この体を映して
Kiesou na yasashisa ni kono karada wo utsushite
With [my] body reflected in the kindness that seems it could disappear,
明日を夢みてる 孤独な海で
Ashita wo yumemiteru kodoku na umi de
the lonely sea dreams of tomorrow.

あの日歌った 声はくもになり
Ano hi utatta koe wa kumo ni nari
The voice that sang that day became a cloud,
震えたこの風だけを 胸にあずけて
Furueta kono kaze dake wo mune ni azukete
and only this trembling wind was [left] for [my] heart.

さぁ飛び立とう 碧い翼広げ
Saa tobitatou aoi tsubasa hiroge
Well, I’ll fly away, and spread out these pale wings,
たとえ光が見えなくなっても
Tatoe hikari ga mienaku natte mo
even if the light [eventually fades].

砕け散る想いは 涙をあつめて
Kudakechiru omoi wa namida wo atsumete
[My] [shattered] feelings collect tears,
全て この海に溶かしてしまおう
Subete kono umi ni tokashite shimaou
and everything completely melts in this sea.

月の明かりに 傷を照らせば
Tsuki no akari ni kizu wo teraseba
I’ll illuminate my scars in the glow of the moon,
また一つ君は強くなれるから
Mata hitotsu kimi wa tsuyoku nareru kara
for then you can become strong once more.

飛び立とう 母なる空へ
Tobitatou haha naru sora e
I’ll fly away to the sky that will become my mother,
消えてくもの影 どこまでも探して
Kieteku mono kage doko made mo sagashite
I’ll search, no matter where, [even in] the vanishing shadows.

悲しみの流れを心で受け止めたら
Kanashimi no nagare wo kokoro de uketometara
When I took [in] the flow of sadness with my heart,
海の色 深く鮮やかに見えた
Umi no iro fukaku azayaka ni mieta
the sea’s color appeared profound and vivid.

いつか輝く 陽差しを待ちわびて
Itsuka kagayaku hizashi wo machiwabite
I’m impatiently waiting for someday when the sunlight will glitter,
必ず季節は変わるから
Kanarazu kisetsu wa kawaru kara
for the seasons will surely change.

大空高く 舞い上がれ 青く
Oozora tataku mai agare aoku
The heavens are high, soar [to the blue]
遥かに続くこの時代と共に…
Haruka ni tsudzuku kono (toki) to tomo ni…
along with this time that continues [from] long ago…

君と歌った風の中で
Kimi to utatta kaze no naka de
Within the wind that sang with you
遠い過去の闇を抱きしめて
Tooi kako no yami wo dakishimete
the darkness of the far off past embraces me.