-WELCOME-

Welcome to 歌詞の時!(Kashi no Toki-Lyrics Time!)

This is a blog dedicated to my translations of Japanese songs. Most of these lyrics will be GACKT lyrics, but there will be some other groups/singers as well. Enjoy!

*DISCLAIMER* My translations are 100% original, so if you feel one of your own translations was copied, it is just a coincidence of like-minded people!

If anyone notices any typos, please notify me so I can fix them as soon as possible. I am human after all. Thanks in advance!

**PLEASE DO NOT RE-POST THESE TRANSLATIONS WITHOUT PERMISSION AND CREDIT**

↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ NEW TRANSLATIONS AND BLOG NEWS

Thursday, May 27, 2010

No Reason by GACKT

人は何故哀しみを抱え
Hito wa naze kanashimi wo kakae
Why do people hold on to sadness?
それでも尚
Sore de mo nao
Even so,
憎んだ人でさえ許すことが出来るのか…
Nikunda hito de sae yurusu koto ga dekiru no ka…
are you able to forgive people who even hated [you]?

ただ奪い合う世界で
Tada ubaiau sekai de
In a world we are merely struggling to survive,
この出会いだけが
Kono deai dake ga
only this one meeting
たった一つの安らぎと
Tatta hitotsu no yasuragi to
painted a picture of
想い描いていた
Omoi egaiteita
peace and love.

腕の中で最後に呟いた
Ude no naka de saigo ni tsubuyaita
At the end, in my arms, you murmured,
「壊れるほどワタシを抱きしめて…」
[Kowareru hodo watashi wo dakishimete…]
“Hold me tight until I break…”
たった一つ見つけた微笑みは
Tatta hitosu mitsuketa hohoemi wa
I can’t turn back to that one smile
もう戻らないまま
Mou modoranai mama
as it used to be.

世を儚む調べさえ
Yo wo hakanamu shirabe sae
Searching within a world of despair,
孤独に溺れて
Kodoku ni oborete
nearly drowning in solitude,
もう届きはしないなら
Mou todoki wa shinai nara
I can no longer reach you.
遠い記憶は消してくれ
Tooi kioku wa keshitekure
Erase your distant memories [for me].

暗闇に溺れる身を引き寄せ
Kurayami ni oboreru mi wo hikiyose
Drawing me in as I was drowning in darkness,
壊れるほどこの腕で抱きしめた
Kowareru hodo kono ude de dakishimeta
I held you in these arms until you broke.
孤独を愛せと星が呟く
Kodoku wo aise to hoshi ga tsubuyaku
The stars whisper, love the solitude.

There is no reason...

すべてを失っても尚
Subete wo ushinatte mo nao
Even if everything is lost,
オマエはボクにまだ嗤えと言うのか…
Omae wa boku ni mada warae to iu no ka…
Can you still laugh at me…?

暗闇で目を閉じれば聞こえる
Kurayami de me wo tojireba kikoeru
Even if I close my eyes in the darkness, I can hear
「イミノナイコノセカイヲコワセ…」と
[Imi no nai kono sekai wo kowase…] to
“DESTROY THE WORLD THAT HAS NO MEANING…”
哀しみが宙を黒く染めてく
Kanashimi ga (sora) wo kuroku someteku
Sadness will dye the air black,
もう戻れない
Mou modorenai
and I can’t turn back again.

腕の中で最後に微笑んだ
Ude no naka de saigo ni hohoenda
At the end, in my arms, you smiled.
温もりのない頬を抱き寄せた
Nukumori no nai hoho wo dakiyoseta
I embraced your cheek that no longer had any warmth.
絶望に染まる世界の果てで
Zetsubou ni somaru sekai no hate de
At the end of the world that was dyed in despair,
オマエヲアイシテタ…ダレヨリモ…
Omae wo aishiteta…dare yori mo…
I loved you…more than anyone…

There is no reason...